Happy Friday All! I hope everyone is doing well! I had the most fulfilling conversation yesterday with a friend and it was exactly what I needed! In a day and age where everything seems to lack authenticity, we need to stop and recall a few things to remembrance! I just want to briefly remind us all of a few things :
1. We all need people in our lives that are completely honest with us. If something is a bad idea, we need people who care enough to tell us the truth!
2. Love yourself! Stop forcing the restraints of other people on yourself! Stop trying to live up to unrealistic standards! We were all created to be ourselves, not to be identical to everyone else.
3. Stop falling into the comparison trap! You are exactly where you’re supposed to be! Erase the idiotic imaginary timelines that force you to believe that you have to be perfect and you have to have everything accomplished by a certain age! Everyone’s story is written differently! Stop looking to other’s for validation and self worth and focus on YOU!
4. Adopt an attitude of optimism! No, everything won’t be perfect, but work on changing how you allow yourself to react to things. You’ll never be able to control anybody but yourself!
5. Enjoy the present! Too often we are consumed with next week and next year and we lose sight of right now! Sometimes we are chained to our past and things we wish we could change! NEWSFLASH!!! YOU CAN’T! The past is gone and the future may never come. All we have is right now, so make the most of it! We are all unique and we should embrace that!
We will face every tough day just like we faced all the other tough days behind us! Life is too short to be miserable. Focus on the things that matter most! Everything else will fall in place! Have a great weekend!